What are the steps for preventing wrinkles? It’s easy. You need to start healthy habits as early as you can in life. The earlier you start taking care of your skin, the fewer wrinkles you are likely to have. To prevent age lines and wrinkles, follow this basic skin routine now. If you follow these tips consistently, you will have better results. Here are the easy basic tips for maintaining smoother and healthier skin:
- Avoid overexposure to the sun. Stay out of the sun as much as possible. Wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat for protection. The sun wears down your skin and squinting can cause wrinkles around the eyes.
- Do not start smoking and if you already do smoke consider quitting. Smoking is bad for your health in general and especially hard on your skin. Smoking ages you more quickly, and makes your wrinkles deeper and more defined.
- Try to get the recommended hours of sleep each night. If you feel tired, your skin will also look tired. Sleep makes you feel better. Your skin will look healthier and more radiant too.
- Eat a balanced and nutritious diet. Vegetables and fruits give your body the vitamins and nutrients that you need. They also have anti-oxidants, which slow down the aging process.
- Drink lots of water. Water washes the toxins, which are harmful to your skin, out of your body. Water is also good for your eyes. Keeping hydrated prevents your eyes from getting dry.
So you probably have some wrinkles already. Most people have them. They are a normal part of aging. But there are some treatments that can be done now, preventing wrinkles from forming as you get older or becoming even deeper and more pronounced.
Olive oil is a very old beauty secret used for over a thousand years. The women of ancient Greece used it as an anti-aging serum. Cleopatra believed that olive oil would keep her skin radiant. The best kind of olive oil is ‘extra virgin olive oil’. It is used in expensive beauty treatments and products. It is good to use as a moisturizer because it contains Vitamins E and A. Olive oil can be used on a sunburn or windburn to repair the skin cells that have been damaged.
Idebenone, a synthesized antioxidant, is one of the best anti-wrinkle formulas on the market today. If you see Coenzyme Q10 on the label, then this is Idebenone. It protects the skin by putting down a protective barrier around the skin cell’s mitochondria. In this way it strengthens the skin. It is also used as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. The only drawback is the cost. Idebenone serum goes for $24 a bottle.
Green Tea, pomegranates, blueberries, and acai are all good foods for preventing wrinkles. Eating these foods is good for you because of the antioxidants they contain. They can also be found in skin creams and gels. Antioxidants make your skin healthier by fighting off free radicals. Free radicals cause wrinkles by attaching themselves to healthy molecules of DNA. Antioxidants slow down the deterioration of nerves, memory, and motor skills.
Anti-wrinkle or wrinkle prevention creams get rid of the excess cells making the skin feel tighter. Be sure to look at the ingredients on the label when selecting a wrinkle cream.